These tools can help you quickly find the best time to schedule your meeting:
Online meeting platforms including Zoom, Skype and Google Hangouts are effective for learning when you have group work/ assignments and for contacting peers/ tutors for any support during this trying time.
Zoom is an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio meetings across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. Key features are (free plan):
- One-on-one meetings: Host unlimited one-on-one meetings with peers/ tutors.
- Group video conferences: Allows you to host video meetings for up to 40 minutes and up to 100 participants.
- Screen sharing: Meet one-on-one or with large groups and share your screen with them so they can see what you see.
Skype is accessed online and works across multiple devices; mobile, PC, Xbox and Alexa. Skype messaging and HD voice and video calling will help you share your findings/ideas and get group work done with others. Key features are:
- Individual conversations: Host individual audio/ video with peers/ tutors.
- Group conversations: Allows you to have audio/ video calls and meetings with up to 50 participants.
- It’s free to use: To send messages and have audio and video calls with groups.
Google Hangouts is a communications platform which facilitates messaging, video chatting and phone calls. You can access it via web browser or mobile devices (IOS/ Android).There is also a Google Chrome extension for this platform. Key features are:
- Individual/ Group conversations: Conversations can include up to 150 people.
- Individual/ Group video calls: Video calls can include up to 10 (Gmail, G Suite Basic) or 25 (Business, Education) people.
- Phone calls/ text messages: Make phone calls using Wi-Fi or data and send text messages with your Google Voice or Google Fi phone number.