Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How can I return books?
There are different options for returning books depending on your circumstances
- Return books to DkIT
- Postal Returns
- 2019/2020 Final Year students
Return books to DkIT
If you are in a position to travel to DkIT, return books via our book returns unit just inside the entrance of the Whitaker Building.
2019/2020 Final Year Students
For students who were studying your final year students in 2019/2020: if you are in a position to travel to DkIT, return books via our book returns unit just inside the entrance of the Whitaker Building.
You can return also return books to the nearest Institute of Technology library, they then will post them back on your behalf, free of charge. When returning specify your name, student ID number and Institute. Please use the contact information below to contact your local Institute for access details.
- Athlone IT email@example.com
- IT Carlow: LibDesk@itcarlow.ie
- Cork IT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology (IADT) email@example.com
- Galway Mayo IT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letterkenny IT email@example.com
- Limerick IT firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT Sligo email@example.com
- IT Tralee firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waterford IT email@example.com
After you submit your postal request form:
- an envelope will posted to the address you supplied with a poly bag inside.
- The poly bag will have the library address on it
- Place DkIT Library items inside the poly bag
- Seal poly bag shut
- the postage to send the poly bag back to the library is paid for by the library
- Drop it into post office for posting.
I recently returned a book, why is it still on my Library Account?
Returned items will be quarantined for up to 72 hours, and will not be checked in until this quarantined time has passed.
No fines will generated during the books’ quarantine phase.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.