Learning to write about science is an important part of learning in the sciences. Your writing needs to inform your audience. So you'll need to write clearly and concisely, focusing on the content of your paper.
This guide will get you started on achieving those goals. Start by watching the videos below.
• Clarity: To be clear so that understanding is easy.
• Conciseness: To be brief or to the point without losing the intent of your message.
• Concreteness: To be definite, not abstract, real, complete.
• Coherence: To be easily understood, consistent.
• Context: To consider your scope and your audience, and the effect of your message on your
(From Technical Report Writing workshop, Univeristy of the West Indies)
To keep up to date with developments in any particular subject area you will need to read journal articles.
The two main types of papers/articles are: